- Loaf of bread, cubed (I used a cinnamon swirl bread and omitted the nutmeg)
- Raspberries (or whatever)
- Chocolate chips (or chunks of chocolate)
- 8 eggs
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- Layer the first three ingredients in a lightly greased pan (9×13 glass pan).
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and then pour over the bread in the pan.
- Cook at 350 F for 45 minutes. (until the top is a crisp golden-brown, and the bottom makes a nice custard)
- Serve with vanilla sauce drizzled over the top.