We love Indian food. But, it’s pretty expensive to eat out at the good restaurants all of the time so we like to make our own. Today, we made Butter Chicken in the crockpot so it could cook while we were gone all day.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 can (13.5oz) coconut milk
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder (add more for spicier and less for more mild)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- Dump everything into crockpot
- Cook 5hrs on low
- Eat with rice and roti
- We like our food spicy, and with only 1 tsp of chili powder we found it pretty bland. Next time we make this we will be upping the amount of chili powder for sure.
- We chopped the cilantro and added it to the crockpot, but you’re supposed to use it as a garnish after it’s dished. I say, do what you want.
- With the whole can of tomato paste it came out a little bit too strong. Next time we will be cutting that down a little bit.
- Our efforts in finding a decent roti recipe have failed us thus far, but we find that homemade tortillas are a suitable replacement.