takes about 10 mins of prep.
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts, pounded out
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- spray baking dish/pan. Place chicken breasts in pan. Salt and pepper each side.
- top with pesto sauce followed by parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-30 mins, or until chicken is cooked through (inner temp of 165 F)
- Serve with your favorite sides, vegs, or pasta.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbs ranch mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions, sliced
- 1-2 Tbs milk
- Bacon, crumble or bits (the original recipe uses bacon bits, I personally like using the precooked bacon that you heat in the microwave and then crumble it myself. Or you can always do the good ole cook your own bacon, just depends on how much time you have/want to spend)
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 large burrito tortillas (12 inch)
Mix all ingredients (except for turkey and tortilla) until well combined. Spread about 2 Tbs of this mixture evenly onto each tortilla then layer with turkey slices. Roll tortilla gently but tightly. Refrigerate for about 30 mins to firm up cream cheese. Cut into 1 inch slices.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 (29 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs Garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust for your heat preference)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream (coconut milk)
- 2 Tbs arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Grease the inside of your crockpot. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients (except bay leaves, heavy cream, cornstarch, and lemon juice) in a large bowl. With a spatula, stir to combine everything, making sure that the chicken is well coated.
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker and place the two bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
- When done, in a small bowl combine heavy cream and cornstarch. Gently stir the mixture. Let cook and additional 20 mins to thicken up.
- Finally add lemon juice and gently stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm over rice and with Naan bread.
Nutritional Facts: one serving is 400 cal, 18 g of fat, 6 g of carbs, and 49 g of protein.
recipe adapted from strawberry blonde kitchen
yields 4 servings
- 12 oz Red Potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz green beans
- Olive oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbs ketchup + 4 tsp divided
- 1/2 Tbs horseradish sauce
- 1/2 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 oz white cheddar cheese, diced into cubes
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line 12 x 17 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes on the bottom half of the pan. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute garlic and onion for 2 mins. Place into a large bowl.
- Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 3 Tbs ketchup and remaining ingredients.
- Shape into 8 loaves.
- Place 3 cubes of cheese into each meatloaf and wrap tightly making sure none of the cheese is exposed.
- Place onto sheet pans on the upper half of the pan.
- Place green beans between potatoes and meatloaves. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 tsp of ketchup onto each meatloaf.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the internal temp of the meatloaves reaches 160 F.
- *you may want to remove the green beans after about half the cooking time depending on your crispiness preference.
Nutritional Data: 1 serving (2 mini loaves, 2 oz green beans and 5 oz of potatoes) 470 cal. 34g carbs and 36g protein.
Zach isn’t usually a fan of meatloaf but he really enjoyed this recipe and even gave permission for it to be made again. So that’s a win to me!
Recipe from Food Nanny Cookbook
serves 4 | time: 30mins
3/4 lb bacon, cooked and torn/cut into pieces
4 small boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Fresh ground black pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 7oz can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
1. Start frying bacon. If you are like me and have a hard time doing multiple things in the kitchen at once. Or if you are also like me and hate bacon grease popping on you and hide behind a screen then cooking bacon in the oven may be a better option. 🙂 lay bacon on a baking sheet that is lined with foil. Bake at 400 for 10-15mins, or until bacon reaches desired crunchiness.
2. Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet.
3. sprinkle generously with black pepper
4. In a large frying pan over medium heat add the olive oil. Saute the chicken for about 3 min. per side. Remove from heat.
5. Place the sour cream, bacon pieces, 1 to 2 chipotles from the can and 1/4 cup milk in a food processor or blender and blend well.
6. Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and return to medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir the sauce into the chicken juices. Cover and let simmer until the chicken is fully cooked and sauce is like gravy.
Serve with rice and corn tortillas.
Recipe from Cooking Light
For a quick no-cook meal, substitute diced rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey breast, use pre-cooked bacon you can just zap in the microwave, and you can even buy pico de gallo.
3 Tbs white wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 slices bacon,cooked and crumbled.
8 oz skinless, boneless turkey or chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 tsp salt
8 cups torn romaine lettuce
1/2 C pico de gallo
1/2 C diced avocado
1/2 C (2 oz) crumbled queso fresco (feta makes a good sub, or shredded pepperjack)
1/4 C chopped green onions
1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
To prepare vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine, or place in a jar and shake. Set aside.
To prepare salad, heat a skillet to medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle turkey or chicken with salt and add to pan. Saute until done, about 4 minutes.
Arrange 2 C lettuce on each of 4 plates and divide ingredients among them. If you want to be specific, each serving should have about: 2 teaspoons bacon, 5 tablespoons turkey or chicken, 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, 2 tablespoons avocado, 2 tablespoons queso fresco, 1 tablespoon onions, and about 1/3 cup beans.
Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over salads. Serves 4.
1 c. of quinoa
2 c. of chicken stock or broth
2 Chicken Breasts
Shake of Garlic Powder
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
Lime Juice (optional)
Add quinoa and chicken broth to pot to boil.
Coat chicken with taco seasoning and grill. once cooked cut into slices or chunks.
Once quinoa is fully cooked, add black beans and corn to quinoa ( I personally don’t add the full cans, but it is up to preference). I also like to add a squirt of lime juice as well as the garlic powder now. Mix all together.
Place individual servings of quinoa mixture in bowls. Add to it chicken and avocado. Top with dressing such as a cilantro lime dressing , southwest ranch or ranch. serve.
I also like to use this recipe for meal prep of lunches for the week. Dividing the meal equally between lunch containers.
1 lb ground turkey
2-inch piece peeled carrots, diced into tiny squares
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely or a shake of garlic powder
2 Tbs cooking oil
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs oyster sauce
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 stalk scallion, finely chopped
1 fresh and cold iceberg lettuce or butter lettuce
Mix all ingredients, other than garlic (unless using garlic powder) and lettuce, together and let sit for 15 minutes to marinade.
Place chopped garlic cloves in a pan with oil, lightly brown. Add the turkey to the pan. Stir fry, breaking up lumps so that the turkey becomes small little pieces. Stir fry until cooked.
Carefully peel off lettuce leaves, being careful to not tear leaves. Scoop spoonfuls of the turkey into the lettuce leaves.
You can top the turkey with or dip the wrap in different condiments such as: sriracha or sweet chili sauce.
This recipe was adapted from http://rasamalaysia.com/lettuce-wraps/2/
Preheat oven 400
Place chicken breasts in sprayed baking pan, cover in ranch, wrap bacon around them.
Bake for 30 mins, or until chicken is cooked
Remove dish from oven and cover chicken in cheese, put back in the oven for an additional 5 mins, or until cheese is melted to your satisfaction.