takes about 10 mins of prep.
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts, pounded out
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- spray baking dish/pan. Place chicken breasts in pan. Salt and pepper each side.
- top with pesto sauce followed by parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-30 mins, or until chicken is cooked through (inner temp of 165 F)
- Serve with your favorite sides, vegs, or pasta.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbs ranch mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions, sliced
- 1-2 Tbs milk
- Bacon, crumble or bits (the original recipe uses bacon bits, I personally like using the precooked bacon that you heat in the microwave and then crumble it myself. Or you can always do the good ole cook your own bacon, just depends on how much time you have/want to spend)
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 large burrito tortillas (12 inch)
Mix all ingredients (except for turkey and tortilla) until well combined. Spread about 2 Tbs of this mixture evenly onto each tortilla then layer with turkey slices. Roll tortilla gently but tightly. Refrigerate for about 30 mins to firm up cream cheese. Cut into 1 inch slices.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 (29 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs Garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust for your heat preference)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream (coconut milk)
- 2 Tbs arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Grease the inside of your crockpot. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients (except bay leaves, heavy cream, cornstarch, and lemon juice) in a large bowl. With a spatula, stir to combine everything, making sure that the chicken is well coated.
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker and place the two bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
- When done, in a small bowl combine heavy cream and cornstarch. Gently stir the mixture. Let cook and additional 20 mins to thicken up.
- Finally add lemon juice and gently stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm over rice and with Naan bread.
Nutritional Facts: one serving is 400 cal, 18 g of fat, 6 g of carbs, and 49 g of protein.
- 50-ish caramels (11-13oz)
- Chocolate Cake Mix (Devil’s Food)
- Evaporated Milk (divided)
- 1/2 c. butter (melted)
- Chocolate Chips (however much you want, but about 1 c.)
- Mix the cake mix with the butter and 1/3 c. evaporated milk
- Divide the mix into two, press half into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 pan and bake for 6 minutes at 350°F
- Melt the caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk
- Pour the melted caramel mixture onto the baked brownie bottom
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the caramel
- Drop the remaining cake mixture over the top
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes
- Try not to eat all of them in one-sitting (maybe this last step is only necessary for me, but we can all probably use the reminder. . .)
p.s. Thanks for the recipe Mom!