Recipe from Food Nanny Cookbook
serves 4 | time: 30mins
3/4 lb bacon, cooked and torn/cut into pieces
4 small boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Fresh ground black pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 7oz can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
1. Start frying bacon. If you are like me and have a hard time doing multiple things in the kitchen at once. Or if you are also like me and hate bacon grease popping on you and hide behind a screen then cooking bacon in the oven may be a better option. 🙂 lay bacon on a baking sheet that is lined with foil. Bake at 400 for 10-15mins, or until bacon reaches desired crunchiness.
2. Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet.
3. sprinkle generously with black pepper
4. In a large frying pan over medium heat add the olive oil. Saute the chicken for about 3 min. per side. Remove from heat.
5. Place the sour cream, bacon pieces, 1 to 2 chipotles from the can and 1/4 cup milk in a food processor or blender and blend well.
6. Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and return to medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir the sauce into the chicken juices. Cover and let simmer until the chicken is fully cooked and sauce is like gravy.
Serve with rice and corn tortillas.