- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 (29 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs Garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust for your heat preference)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream (coconut milk)
- 2 Tbs arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Grease the inside of your crockpot. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients (except bay leaves, heavy cream, cornstarch, and lemon juice) in a large bowl. With a spatula, stir to combine everything, making sure that the chicken is well coated.
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker and place the two bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
- When done, in a small bowl combine heavy cream and cornstarch. Gently stir the mixture. Let cook and additional 20 mins to thicken up.
- Finally add lemon juice and gently stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm over rice and with Naan bread.
Nutritional Facts: one serving is 400 cal, 18 g of fat, 6 g of carbs, and 49 g of protein.