– 1 cup flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 egg
– 1 1/8 cups buttermilk
– 2 Tbsp melted butter
– mix the dry ingredients together
– add the wet ingredients (don’t worry, the batter will be lumpy, it’s normal)
– cook until golden brown on each side
Recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com
So, earlier this week while Sara was making some delicious cinnamon rolls, I was making some bread to go with our cheesy broccoli soup for dinner. I got the recipe from my wonderful mother.
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
Stir together to activate the yeast (it gets bubbly).
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp rosemary
1 Tbsp butter
Mix and knead for five minutes and let rest in an oiled bowl until the size is approximately doubled (about 1 hour).
Punch down the dough, divide into two and shape into round loaves. Brush with 1/2 Tbsp butter for each loaf. Sprinkle with rosemary and sea salt. Let raise for another 45 minutes or so.
Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
We love Indian food. But, it’s pretty expensive to eat out at the good restaurants all of the time so we like to make our own. Today, we made Butter Chicken in the crockpot so it could cook while we were gone all day.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 can (13.5oz) coconut milk
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder (add more for spicier and less for more mild)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- Dump everything into crockpot
- Cook 5hrs on low
- Eat with rice and roti
- We like our food spicy, and with only 1 tsp of chili powder we found it pretty bland. Next time we make this we will be upping the amount of chili powder for sure.
- We chopped the cilantro and added it to the crockpot, but you’re supposed to use it as a garnish after it’s dished. I say, do what you want.
- With the whole can of tomato paste it came out a little bit too strong. Next time we will be cutting that down a little bit.
- Our efforts in finding a decent roti recipe have failed us thus far, but we find that homemade tortillas are a suitable replacement.
Damn Delicious Crockpot Butter Chicken