recipe adapted from strawberry blonde kitchen
yields 4 servings
- 12 oz Red Potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz green beans
- Olive oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbs ketchup + 4 tsp divided
- 1/2 Tbs horseradish sauce
- 1/2 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 oz white cheddar cheese, diced into cubes
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line 12 x 17 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes on the bottom half of the pan. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute garlic and onion for 2 mins. Place into a large bowl.
- Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 3 Tbs ketchup and remaining ingredients.
- Shape into 8 loaves.
- Place 3 cubes of cheese into each meatloaf and wrap tightly making sure none of the cheese is exposed.
- Place onto sheet pans on the upper half of the pan.
- Place green beans between potatoes and meatloaves. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 tsp of ketchup onto each meatloaf.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the internal temp of the meatloaves reaches 160 F.
- *you may want to remove the green beans after about half the cooking time depending on your crispiness preference.
Nutritional Data: 1 serving (2 mini loaves, 2 oz green beans and 5 oz of potatoes) 470 cal. 34g carbs and 36g protein.
Zach isn’t usually a fan of meatloaf but he really enjoyed this recipe and even gave permission for it to be made again. So that’s a win to me!