Ever since we started making our own flour tortillas, all other tortillas just taste gross.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Roll out on floured surface with floured rolling pin
- Cook on a griddle (no spray or oil needed) until tortilla is bubbling and then flip and cook the other side. . . it should look like a tortilla when it’s finished. . .
- Eat plain or with whatever you want to eat it with
- We use this for tacos, taco salads, burritos, etc. (Basically anything and everything Mexican cuisine has to offer)
- We also use this as a replacement for roti (naan, paratha, canai) because we haven’t found a good recipe for those yet (not for lack of trying).
In fact, we had them with our Butter Chicken today.